1) n. - A sound reflected from an opposing surface and repeated to the ear of a listener; repercussion of sound; repetition of a sound.
2) n. - Fig.: Sympathetic recognition; response; answer.
3) n. - A wood or mountain nymph, regarded as repeating, and causing the reverberation of them.
4) n. - A nymph, the daughter of Air and Earth, who, for love of Narcissus, pined away until nothing was left of her but her voice.
5) v. t. - To send back (a sound); to repeat in sound; to reverberate.
6) v. t. - To repeat with assent; to respond; to adopt.
7) v. i. - To give an echo; to resound; to be sounded back; as, the hall echoed with acclamations.
Share this page