1) v. t. - To adopt; to receive into a family as a son; hence, to bring or receive into close connection; to ally.
2) v. t. - To fix the paternity of; -- said of an illegitimate child; as, to affiliate the child to (or on or upon) one man rather than another.
3) v. t. - To connect in the way of descent; to trace origin to.
4) v. t. - To attach (to) or unite (with); to receive into a society as a member, and initiate into its mysteries, plans, etc.; -- followed by to or with.
5) v. i. - To connect or associate one's self; -- followed by with; as, they affiliate with no party.
Share this page