1) v. t. - To twist and compress; to turn and strain with violence; to writhe; to squeeze hard; to pinch; as, to wring clothes in washing.
2) v. t. - Hence, to pain; to distress; to torment; to torture.
3) v. t. - To distort; to pervert; to wrest.
4) v. t. - To extract or obtain by twisting and compressing; to squeeze or press (out); hence, to extort; to draw forth by violence, or against resistance or repugnance; -- usually with out or form.
5) v. t. - To subject to extortion; to afflict, or oppress, in order to enforce compliance.
6) v. t. - To bend or strain out of its position; as, to wring a mast.
7) v. i. - To writhe; to twist, as with anguish.
8) n. - A writhing, as in anguish; a twisting; a griping.
Share this page