1) v. - Of or pertaining to plants; having the nature of, or produced by, plants; as, a vegetable nature; vegetable growths, juices, etc.
2) v. - Consisting of, or comprising, plants; as, the vegetable kingdom.
3) v. - Plants having distinct flowers and true seeds.
4) v. - Plants without true flowers, and reproduced by minute spores of various kinds, or by simple cell division.
5) n. - A plant. See Plant .
6) n. - A plant used or cultivated for food for man or domestic animals, as the cabbage, turnip, potato, bean, dandelion, etc.; also, the edible part of such a plant, as prepared for market or the table.
Share this page