1) n. - Any perennial woody plant of considerable size (usually over twenty feet high) and growing with a single trunk.
2) n. - Something constructed in the form of, or considered as resembling, a tree, consisting of a stem, or stock, and branches; as, a genealogical tree.
3) n. - A piece of timber, or something commonly made of timber; -- used in composition, as in axletree, boottree, chesstree, crosstree, whiffletree, and the like.
4) n. - A cross or gallows; as Tyburn tree.
5) n. - Wood; timber.
6) n. - A mass of crystals, aggregated in arborescent forms, obtained by precipitation of a metal from solution. See Lead tree, under Lead.
7) v. t. - To drive to a tree; to cause to ascend a tree; as, a dog trees a squirrel.
8) v. t. - To place upon a tree; to fit with a tree; to stretch upon a tree; as, to tree a boot. See Tree, n., 3.
Share this page