1) v. t. - To give pleasure to; to excite agreeable sensations or emotions in; to make glad; to gratify; to content; to satisfy.
2) v. t. - To have or take pleasure in; hence, to choose; to wish; to desire; to will.
3) v. t. - To be the will or pleasure of; to seem good to; -- used impersonally.
4) v. i. - To afford or impart pleasure; to excite agreeable emotions.
5) v. i. - To have pleasure; to be willing, as a matter of affording pleasure or showing favor; to vouchsafe; to consent.
Share this page