1) n. - The act of hiding or concealing, or of withholding from view or knowledge; concealment.
2) n. - A flogging.
3) v. t. - To remove from danger; to shelter.
4) v. i. - To lie concealed; to keep one's self out of view; to be withdrawn from sight or observation.
5) n. - An abode or dwelling.
6) n. - A measure of land, common in Domesday Book and old English charters, the quantity of which is not well ascertained, but has been differently estimated at 80, 100, and 120 acres.
7) n. - The skin of an animal, either raw or dressed; -- generally applied to the undressed skins of the larger domestic animals, as oxen, horses, etc.
8) n. - The human skin; -- so called in contempt.
9) v. t. - To flog; to whip.
Share this page