1) n. - Space of time, or continued duration, esp. when short; a time; as, one while we thought him innocent.
2) n. - That which requires time; labor; pains.
3) v. t. - To cause to pass away pleasantly or without irksomeness or disgust; to spend or pass; -- usually followed by away.
4) v. i. - To loiter.
5) conj. - During the time that; as long as; whilst; at the same time that; as, while I write, you sleep.
6) conj. - Hence, under which circumstances; in which case; though; whereas.
7) prep. - Until; till.