1) n. - Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
2) v. t. - To sell; to vend.
3) n. - A baiting place; an inn.
4) v. i. - To snuff; to breathe or puff out; to snort.
5) n. - A small aperture; a hole or passage for air or any fluid to escape; as, the vent of a cask; the vent of a mold; a volcanic vent.
6) n. - The anal opening of certain invertebrates and fishes; also, the external cloacal opening of reptiles, birds, amphibians, and many fishes.
7) n. - The opening at the breech of a firearm, through which fire is communicated to the powder of the charge; touchhole.
8) n. - Sectional area of the passage for gases divided by the length of the same passage in feet.
9) n. - Fig.: Opportunity of escape or passage from confinement or privacy; outlet.
10) n. - Emission; escape; passage to notice or expression; publication; utterance.
11) v. t. - To let out at a vent, or small aperture; to give passage or outlet to.
12) v. t. - To suffer to escape from confinement; to let out; to utter; to pour forth; as, to vent passion or complaint.
13) v. t. - To utter; to report; to publish.
14) v. t. - To scent, as a hound.
15) v. t. - To furnish with a vent; to make a vent in; as, to vent. a mold.