1) - pl. of Toe.
2) n. - The common tunny, or house mackerel.
3) n. - The prevailing fashion or mode; vogue; as, things of ton.
4) n. - A measure of weight or quantity.
5) n. - The weight of twenty hundredweight.
6) n. - Forty cubic feet of space, being the unit of measurement of the burden, or carrying capacity, of a vessel; as a vessel of 300 tons burden.
7) n. - A certain weight or quantity of merchandise, with reference to transportation as freight; as, six hundred weight of ship bread in casks, seven hundred weight in bags, eight hundred weight in bulk; ten bushels of potatoes; eight sacks, or ten barrels, of flour; forty cubic feet of rough, or fifty cubic feet of hewn, timber, etc.