1) v. - One who sums; one who casts up an account.
2) n. - A large stone or beam placed horizontally on columns, piers, posts, or the like, serving for various uses. Specifically: (a) The lintel of a door or window. (b) The commencement of a cross vault. (c) A central floor timber, as a girder, or a piece reaching from a wall to a girder. Called also summertree.
3) n. - The season of the year in which the sun shines most directly upon any region; the warmest period of the year.
4) v. i. - To pass the summer; to spend the warm season; as, to summer in Switzerland.
5) v. t. - To keep or carry through the summer; to feed during the summer; as, to summer stock.
Share this page