1) v. t. - To drink or imbibe in small quantities; especially, to take in with the lips in small quantities, as a liquid; as, to sip tea.
2) v. t. - To draw into the mouth; to suck up; as, a bee sips nectar from the flowers.
3) v. t. - To taste the liquor of; to drink out of.
4) v. i. - To drink a small quantity; to take a fluid with the lips; to take a sip or sips of something.
5) n. - The act of sipping; the taking of a liquid with the lips.
6) n. - A small draught taken with the lips; a slight taste.
7) v. i. - See Seep.
Share this page