1) n. - The herb sage, or salvia.
2) a. - To make safe; to procure the safety of; to preserve from injury, destruction, or evil of any kind; to rescue from impending danger; as, to save a house from the flames.
3) a. - Specifically, to deliver from sin and its penalty; to rescue from a state of condemnation and spiritual death, and bring into a state of spiritual life.
4) a. - To keep from being spent or lost; to secure from waste or expenditure; to lay up; to reserve.
5) a. - To rescue from something undesirable or hurtful; to prevent from doing something; to spare.
6) a. - To hinder from doing, suffering, or happening; to obviate the necessity of; to prevent; to spare.
7) a. - To hold possession or use of; to escape loss of.
8) v. i. - To avoid unnecessary expense or expenditure; to prevent waste; to be economical.
9) a. - Except; excepting; not including; leaving out; deducting; reserving; saving.
10) conj. - Except; unless.
Share this page