1) n. & v. - A foot soldier's weapon, consisting of a long wooden shaft or staff, with a pointed steel head. It is now superseded by the bayonet.
2) n. & v. - A pointed head or spike; esp., one in the center of a shield or target.
3) n. & v. - A hayfork.
4) n. & v. - A pick.
5) n. & v. - A pointed or peaked hill.
6) n. & v. - A large haycock.
7) n. & v. - A turnpike; a toll bar.
8) sing. & pl. - A large fresh-water fish (Esox lucius), found in Europe and America, highly valued as a food fish; -- called also pickerel, gedd, luce, and jack.