1) a. - Conforming or conformable to rectitude or justice; not doing wrong to any; violating no right or obligation; upright; righteous; honest; true; -- said both of persons and things.
2) a. - Not transgressing the requirement of truth and propriety; conformed to the truth of things, to reason, or to a proper standard; exact; normal; reasonable; regular; due; as, a just statement; a just inference.
3) a. - Rendering or disposed to render to each one his due; equitable; fair; impartial; as, just judge.
4) adv. - Precisely; exactly; -- in place, time, or degree; neither more nor less than is stated.
5) adv. - Closely; nearly; almost.
6) adv. - Barely; merely; scarcely; only; by a very small space or time; as, he just missed the train; just too late.
7) v. i. - To joust.
8) n. - A joust.
Share this page