1) n. - Anything done; a deed; an action good or bad; hence, in the plural, conduct; behavior. See Do.
2) v. t. / auxiliary - To place; to put.
3) v. t. / auxiliary - To cause; to make; -- with an infinitive.
4) v. t. / auxiliary - To bring about; to produce, as an effect or result; to effect; to achieve.
5) v. t. / auxiliary - To perform, as an action; to execute; to transact to carry out in action; as, to do a good or a bad act; do our duty; to do what I can.
6) v. t. / auxiliary - To bring to an end by action; to perform completely; to finish; to accomplish; -- a sense conveyed by the construction, which is that of the past participle done.
7) v. t. / auxiliary - To make ready for an object, purpose, or use, as food by cooking; to cook completely or sufficiently; as, the meat is done on one side only.
8) v. t. / auxiliary - To put or bring into a form, state, or condition, especially in the phrases, to do death, to put to death; to slay; to do away (often do away with), to put away; to remove; to do on, to put on; to don; to do off, to take off, as dress; to doff; to do into, to put into the form of; to translate or transform into, as a text.
9) v. t. / auxiliary - To cheat; to gull; to overreach.
10) v. t. / auxiliary - To see or inspect; to explore; as, to do all the points of interest.
11) v. t. / auxiliary - To cash or to advance money for, as a bill or note.
12) v. i. - To act or behave in any manner; to conduct one's self.
13) v. i. - To fare; to be, as regards health; as, they asked him how he did; how do you do to-day?
14) v. i. - To succeed; to avail; to answer the purpose; to serve; as, if no better plan can be found, he will make this do.
15) n. - Deed; act; fear.
16) n. - Ado; bustle; stir; to do.
17) n. - A cheat; a swindle.