1) v. t. - To strike; esp., to smite with the palm or flat of the hand; to slap.
2) v. t. - To buffet.
3) v. i. - To fight; to scuffle; to box.
4) n. - A blow; esp.,, a blow with the open hand; a box; a slap.
5) n. - The fold at the end of a sleeve; the part of a sleeve turned back from the hand.
6) n. - Any ornamental appendage at the wrist, whether attached to the sleeve of the garment or separate; especially, in modern times, such an appendage of starched linen, or a substitute for it of paper, or the like.