1) v. t. - To press or bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to destroy the natural shape or integrity of the parts, or to force together into a mass; as, to crush grapes.
2) v. t. - To reduce to fine particles by pounding or grinding; to comminute; as, to crush quartz.
3) v. t. - To overwhelm by pressure or weight; to beat or force down, as by an incumbent weight.
4) v. t. - To oppress or burden grievously.
5) v. t. - To overcome completely; to subdue totally.
6) v. i. - To be or become broken down or in, or pressed into a smaller compass, by external weight or force; as, an eggshell crushes easily.
7) n. - A violent collision or compression; a crash; destruction; ruin.
8) n. - Violent pressure, as of a crowd; a crowd which produced uncomfortable pressure; as, a crush at a peception.