1) n. - Deprived of heat, or having a low temperature; not warm or hot; gelid; frigid.
2) n. - Lacking the sensation of warmth; suffering from the absence of heat; chilly; shivering; as, to be cold.
3) n. - Not pungent or acrid.
4) n. - Wanting in ardor, intensity, warmth, zeal, or passion; spiritless; unconcerned; reserved.
5) n. - Unwelcome; disagreeable; unsatisfactory.
6) n. - Wanting in power to excite; dull; uninteresting.
7) n. - Affecting the sense of smell (as of hunting dogs) but feebly; having lost its odor; as, a cold scent.
8) n. - Not sensitive; not acute.
9) n. - Distant; -- said, in the game of hunting for some object, of a seeker remote from the thing concealed.
10) n. - Having a bluish effect. Cf. Warm, 8.
11) n. - The relative absence of heat or warmth.
12) n. - The sensation produced by the escape of heat; chilliness or chillness.
13) n. - A morbid state of the animal system produced by exposure to cold or dampness; a catarrh.
14) v. i. - To become cold.