1) superl. - Free from dirt or filth; as, clean clothes.
2) superl. - Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects; as, clean land; clean timber.
3) superl. - Free from awkwardness; not bungling; adroit; dexterous; as, aclean trick; a clean leap over a fence.
4) superl. - Free from errors and vulgarisms; as, a clean style.
5) superl. - Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
6) superl. - Free from moral defilement; sinless; pure.
7) superl. - Free from ceremonial defilement.
8) superl. - Free from that which is corrupting to the morals; pure in tone; healthy.
9) superl. - Well-proportioned; shapely; as, clean limbs.
10) adv. - Without limitation or remainder; quite; perfectly; wholly; entirely.
11) adv. - Without miscarriage; not bunglingly; dexterously.
12) a. - To render clean; to free from whatever is foul, offensive, or extraneous; to purify; to cleanse.