1) n. - The act or fact of coming into life, or of being born; -- generally applied to human beings; as, the birth of a son.
2) n. - Lineage; extraction; descent; sometimes, high birth; noble extraction.
3) n. - The condition to which a person is born; natural state or position; inherited disposition or tendency.
4) n. - The act of bringing forth; as, she had two children at a birth.
5) n. - That which is born; that which is produced, whether animal or vegetable.
6) n. - Origin; beginning; as, the birth of an empire.
7) n. - See Berth.