1) a. - Having good qualities in the highest degree; most good, kind, desirable, suitable, etc.; most excellent; as, the best man; the best road; the best cloth; the best abilities.
2) a. - Most advanced; most correct or complete; as, the best scholar; the best view of a subject.
3) a. - Most; largest; as, the best part of a week.
4) n. - Utmost; highest endeavor or state; most nearly perfect thing, or being, or action; as, to do one's best; to the best of our ability.
5) superl. - In the highest degree; beyond all others.
6) superl. - To the most advantage; with the most success, case, profit, benefit, or propriety.
7) superl. - Most intimately; most thoroughly or correctly; as, what is expedient is best known to himself.
8) v. t. - To get the better of.
Share this page