1) - the preterit of Eat.
2) n. - The goddess of mischievous folly; also, in later poets, the goddess of vengeance.
3) v. t. - To chew and swallow as food; to devour; -- said especially of food not liquid; as, to eat bread.
4) v. t. - To corrode, as metal, by rust; to consume the flesh, as a cancer; to waste or wear away; to destroy gradually; to cause to disappear.
5) v. i. - To take food; to feed; especially, to take solid, in distinction from liquid, food; to board.
6) v. i. - To taste or relish; as, it eats like tender beef.
7) v. i. - To make one's way slowly.