1) v. t. - To support, either by furnishing strength or means in cooperation to effect a purpose, or to prevent or to remove evil; to help; to assist.
2) v. t. - Help; succor; assistance; relief.
3) v. t. - The person or thing that promotes or helps in something done; a helper; an assistant.
4) v. t. - A subsidy granted to the king by Parliament; also, an exchequer loan.
5) v. t. - A pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his lord on special occasions.
6) v. t. - An aid-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general's aid.
Share this page