1) superl. - Having little size, compared with other things of the same kind; little in quantity or degree; diminutive; not large or extended in dimension; not great; not much; inconsiderable; as, a small man; a small river.
2) superl. - Being of slight consequence; feeble in influence or importance; unimportant; trivial; insignificant; as, a small fault; a small business.
3) superl. - Envincing little worth or ability; not large-minded; -- sometimes, in reproach, paltry; mean.
4) superl. - Not prolonged in duration; not extended in time; short; as, after a small space.
5) superl. - Weak; slender; fine; gentle; soft; not loud.
6) adv. - In or to small extent, quantity, or degree; little; slightly.
7) adv. - Not loudly; faintly; timidly.
8) n. - The small or slender part of a thing; as, the small of the leg or of the back.
9) n. - Smallclothes.
10) n. - Same as Little go. See under Little, a.
11) v. t. - To make little or less.
Share this page