1) n. - A vagrant; an idle, sturdy beggar; a vagabond; a tramp.
2) n. - A deliberately dishonest person; a knave; a cheat.
3) n. - One who is pleasantly mischievous or frolicsome; hence, often used as a term of endearment.
4) n. - An elephant that has separated from a herd and roams about alone, in which state it is very savage.
5) n. - A worthless plant occuring among seedlings of some choice variety.
6) v. i. - To wander; to play the vagabond; to play knavish tricks.
7) v. t. - To give the name or designation of rogue to; to decry.
8) v. t. - To destroy (plants that do not come up to a required standard).
Share this page