1) n. - A dead body embalmed and dried after the manner of the ancient Egyptians; also, a body preserved, by any means, in a dry state, from the process of putrefaction.
2) n. - Dried flesh of a mummy.
3) n. - A gummy liquor that exudes from embalmed flesh when heated; -- formerly supposed to have magical and medicinal properties.
4) n. - A brown color obtained from bitumen. See Mummy brown (below).
5) n. - A sort of wax used in grafting, etc.
6) n. - One whose affections and energies are withered.
7) v. t. - To embalm; to mummify.
Share this page