1) n. - A winkle.
2) n. - A small ridge, prominence, or furrow formed by the shrinking or contraction of any smooth substance; a corrugation; a crease; a slight fold; as, wrinkle in the skin; a wrinkle in cloth.
3) n. - hence, any roughness; unevenness.
4) n. - A notion or fancy; a whim; as, to have a new wrinkle.
5) v. t. - To contract into furrows and prominences; to make a wrinkle or wrinkles in; to corrugate; as, wrinkle the skin or the brow.
6) v. t. - Hence, to make rough or uneven in any way.
7) v. i. - To shrink into furrows and ridges.
Share this page