1) n. - The lapwing.
2) v. t. - To rub with something soft for cleaning; to clean or dry by rubbing; as, to wipe the hands or face with a towel.
3) v. t. - To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; -- usually followed by away, off or out. Also used figuratively.
4) v. t. - To cheat; to defraud; to trick; -- usually followed by out.
5) n. - Act of rubbing, esp. in order to clean.
6) n. - A blow; a stroke; a hit; a swipe.
7) n. - A gibe; a jeer; a severe sarcasm.
8) n. - A handkerchief.
9) n. - Stain; brand.
Share this page