1) v. i. - To scatter in small drops or particles, as water, seed, etc.
2) v. i. - To scatter on; to disperse something over in small drops or particles; to besprinkle; as, to sprinkle the earth with water; to sprinkle a floor with sand.
3) v. i. - To baptize by the application of a few drops, or a small quantity, of water; hence, to cleanse; to purify.
4) v. i. - To scatter a liquid, or any fine substance, so that it may fall in particles.
5) v. i. - To rain moderately, or with scattered drops falling now and then; as, it sprinkles.
6) v. i. - To fly or be scattered in small drops or particles.
7) n. - A small quantity scattered, or sparsely distributed; a sprinkling.
8) n. - A utensil for sprinkling; a sprinkler.
Share this page