1) n. - A footpath; a road.
2) n. - An easy-paced horse; a padnag.
3) n. - A robber that infests the road on foot; a highwayman; -- usually called a footpad.
4) n. - The act of robbing on the highway.
5) v. t. - To travel upon foot; to tread.
6) v. i. - To travel heavily or slowly.
7) v. i. - To rob on foot.
8) v. i. - To wear a path by walking.
9) n. - A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft; stuffing.
10) n. - A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting; esp., one formed of many flat sheets of writing paper, or layers of blotting paper; a block of paper.
11) n. - A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
12) n. - A stuffed guard or protection; esp., one worn on the legs of horses to prevent bruising.
13) n. - A cushionlike thickening of the skin one the under side of the toes of animals.
14) n. - A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
15) n. - A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support a part, etc.
16) n. - A piece of timber fixed on a beam to fit the curve of the deck.
17) n. - A measure for fish; as, sixty mackerel go to a pad; a basket of soles.
18) v. t. - To stuff; to furnish with a pad or padding.
19) v. t. - To imbue uniformly with a mordant; as, to pad cloth.
Share this page