1) n. - A companion; a comrade; an associate; a partner; a sharer.
2) n. - A man without good breeding or worth; an ignoble or mean man.
3) n. - An equal in power, rank, character, etc.
4) n. - One of a pair, or of two things used together or suited to each other; a mate; the male.
5) n. - A person; an individual.
6) n. - In the English universities, a scholar who is appointed to a foundation called a fellowship, which gives a title to certain perquisites and privileges.
7) n. - In an American college or university, a member of the corporation which manages its business interests; also, a graduate appointed to a fellowship, who receives the income of the foundation.
8) n. - A member of a literary or scientific society; as, a Fellow of the Royal Society.
9) v. t. - To suit with; to pair with; to match.
Share this page